Saturday, November 10, 2012

Saturday

Blogging has fallen by the wayside this week.  Not much has been going on, and I've also been distracted by reading these books that I'm sure you haven't heard of.  I think Twilight is the name.  Like I said, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who's read them.  Yeah, yeah, I realize that band wagon left a long time ago, and I'm barely hanging on to the back bumper, but at least I don't have to wait for the next books and the movies like everyone else!

This morning, while I was waiting for Johnny to go pick up my "trashy romance novels" aka Eclipse and New Moon from Katie's house, I decided to make our once a year apple cider doughnuts.



Mmmmm.  There are no words to describe melting half a can of Crisco on your stove.  See why it's only a once a year thing?


I used this recipe from Smitten Kitchen.  I still need to buy a doughnut cutter, but a plastic cup seemed to work just fine. Notice the recently arrived book in the background as well as Lila's seven month photo that has been waiting to go in the picture frame for the last three weeks.


Once we were done eating our doughnuts, all three of us went out in the backyard to work on the leaves.  That little speck up in the left is Lila on a blanket.  She kept trying to eat grass and leaves.  She would grab a hand full and stuff it in her mouth without even pausing to look at it.  Yum.


After a day filled with Crisco, doughnuts, leaves, and Skyfall (Go see it right now! It is the best Bond movie EVER.), Johnny and I spent the evening bottling and spilling his latest batch of beer, an Irish Stout.  It isn't carbonated yet because that occurs in the bottles, but it already tastes really good.

We just sat down to watch an episode of Mad Men season five that we got in the mail from Netflix, and it took us seven minutes to realize that we had already seen this episode because it was in fact from season one.  Sigh.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment