Sunday, April 6, 2014

Aunt Suzanne's Wedding

We just got back from a fabulous weekend celebrating Johnny's sister, Suzanne, getting married.  Suzanne wanted family to be very central to the wedding so the reception was at their cousins' house and the ceremony was at the adorable church across the street.  My pictures are far from comprehensive, but I wanted to share some of the gems that were captured by the various people who stole my camera.

Suzanne sent all of us bridesmaids a paint chip with four shades of poppy and allowed us all to pick out our own dresses.  For living hundreds of miles away from each other, I'd say we did a pretty good job.


Suzanne was totally calm, cool, and collected the day of the wedding.  She even took time out from getting ready to read to Lila distract Lila so she wouldn't wander off and fall in the pool.


Suzanne and her mommy were super generous and let us all get out hair and make up done.  Suzanne also got us those cute robes.


While all the girls were getting ready, the boys were finishing up a few jobs around the house...like holding Olive and wiping her spit up with a dish towel from the kitchen.  Sorry about that one, Chrissy.


Uncle Ike did a fabulous job of hanging lanterns.


Suzanne found such a good girl to do all of our hair.


Her finished product.


Super cute.


Aunt "Worwen" getting all dolled up.


Lila and Olive got to be flower girls in the wedding.  Suzanne found these dresses on Pinterest and had me make them for the two girls.  They were super easy, so I might add a little tutorial later in the week.


Olive only had to change her shirt once after puking all over my poor father who was holding her during the ceremony.


Lila actually kept the dress on for multiple hours without trying to rip it off.


This is my favorite picture of the whole day.  Suzanne asked her daddy to pray with her before walking down the aisle, and Lila plopped down right in front of them to watch.


We refrained from taking pictures during the ceremony, but I will proudly say that Lila walked down that aisle all by herself and threw flowers petals on the floor like a pro.  Tonight when I asked her what we should pray for she said, "Aunt Suzanne's wedding." I said, "Sure we can thank God for Aunt Suzanne's wedding.  What else should we thank Him for?" She responded, "That I fro flowers."  Amen to that.  I'm just glad she waited to melt down until the pictures afterward.  Post meltdown, Lila sat on the floor and re-threw the petals, asking the ring bearers to pick them up while she supervised.


There was a large military presence at the wedding since Suzanne and her now husband are both in the Navy, so Johnny got to wear his uniform and participate in the sword arch after the ceremony.


I was too busy wooping it up to take too many pictures of the reception, but I did happen to catch a shot of cousin Joe after he caught the Gaters garter.  He's single ladies!


Alex and Suzanne! We love you both! Thank you for including us in such a beautiful weekend!


PS. I don't have any pictures of Aunt Louann and cousin Shana, but they worked their butts off in the kitchen all weekend making AMAZING desserts for the reception.  I wanted to give them a little shout out...I suppose I could have drawn a picture of it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment