Monday, October 21, 2013

Why I Haven't Been Blogging

**This entry is not for the faint of heart.  You have been warned.**

October seems to be a difficult month for blogging.  I haven't been blogging for two reasons: 1. The girls are moving into twin beds in Lila's old room, so all of my free time has been spent making new duvets for the twin beds along with three Halloween costumes and the beginnings of Christmas presents.  2. My days are ridiculously ridiculous.

Here is an example of how our morning went.

Today was picture day at Little Sister's preschool.  So right after I get the girls up, I get them dressed in the last two acceptable outfits that are in their closet.  Little Sister has been fighting a cold and likes to cough excessively, and I mean excessively, when she has a cold, so she's hacking and hacking all throughout breakfast.  Now Little Sister also has an extremely strong gag reflex, so I'm keeping an eye on her all throughout breakfast, just waiting for the coughing to engage the gag reflex and her breakfast to appear all over the floor.

Because I am always right, about two minutes after Little Sister is done with breakfast, she coughs one last cough and proceeds to throw up breakfast all over her picture day outfit.  Johnny takes charge of standing next to her and asking, "Are you done?" to which she always responds, "Yes," and then proceeds to barf more.  And like the loving daddy Johnny is, he waits until she's done and cleans up the mess.  I, meanwhile, am deciding whether I should take off Lila's clothes and give them to Little Sister or just go put something together from the leftovers in their room.  I decide to go with leftovers.

After I redress Little Sister, I notice that Little Guy (who's been jumping in his JumpeRoo this entire time) probably needs a diaper change.  I pick him up, and sure enough he is soaking wet.  I lie him down, take off his pants, and go to remove his onesie when I somehow stick my hand into a huge pile of poop that is not in his diaper but is all over his legs.  I yell for Johnny that I'm about to vomit, and my wonderful husband comes and cleans up his second disgusting mess of the morning.  I might add that it's not 8:30 yet.

So far Lila seems to be the only one not causing any problems, but as I am pretty much shoving everyone down the stairs to get to preschool because it is over my dead body that we are missing picture day after all of that, I realize that Lila is eating a clementine...



...that I have not peeled for her.  My plan for tomorrow is to just not get out of bed in the morning and see what happens.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment