Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Good Morning!

We had a very full weekend.  With actuarial exam number four and my friend Sarah's fabulous wedding, the absolute first thing we wanted to do on Sunday morning was wake up at 5:00 am to one of our seven fire alarms chirping.

I am sure you can imagine what happened.  Johnny would get out of bed, take one off the ceiling, take out the batteries, listen for a minute and then get back in bed only to hear another chirp 10 seconds later.  This continued for, I kid you not, thirty minutes.  Our bedroom quickly became a graveyard of fire alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.



Johnny finally narrowed the chirping down to the fire alarm in the girls' room.  He managed to get in and out without causing too much of a disturbance.  As I was drifting between sleep and giving much wanted advice on what Johnny should do, I had distinct memories of my own father storming into my room in the middle of the night, cursing under his breath, trying to make my fire alarm shut up.

When I told my dad about this on Sunday night, he informed me that the reason fire alarms always run out of batteries at night (aka worst time ever) is because heat keeps batteries going longer, thus they are more likely to die in the cold air of the night.  Who knew?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment