Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Stupid Things That Rachel Does

I had this great idea today that while the kids were playing in our family room I would clean the stairs.  You know, sweep, mop, etc.  I grabbed the dustpan and broom and then remembered that my Swiffer is this size (obviously I don't clean the floors very often).  So I went ahead and pulled out one of those Swiffer dry cloths to just use with my hand, but not wanting to use the mopping pad with my hand, I pulled out the next best thing: Pledge.  I use Pledge on my wooden dining room table; why shouldn't I use it on my wooden stairs?



Sweeping: done. Swiffering: done.  Pledge: done.  I stand back and smile at my handiwork.  "I am so amazing," I think to myself.  Then I walk down the stairs in socks and almost die.  Apparently treating your floors like a gleaming dining room tabletop is a bad idea.  I have since spent the rest of the evening trying to dirty my stairs in an attempt to make them less slippery.  I am also now wearing shoes.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment