Friday, January 9, 2015

Clarity

So Lila is basically potty trained, except that at naps and bedtime she still wears a diaper.  I thought I should start moving her toward being totally potty trained, so I told her before naptime today that if she went all through naptime without tinkling in her diaper she could have some M&M's.  To this she responded, "Do we really have M&M's?"  Once I responded that I was not lying to her and that we did indeed have M&M's, she became extremely excited to earn them.

I knew that Lila was awake from her nap because I heard her knocking on her door and asking, "Elsa?"  I went up to get her out, and right when I opened the door I quickly smelled the delightful smell of a dirty diaper.  Lila had a huge smile on her face, and exclaimed, "Mom! I didn't tinkle! I can have M&M's!"  I confusedly said, "But Lila, you pooped."  The smile got even bigger, and she replied, "I know! I didn't tinkle!"


No comments:

Post a Comment