Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Little A This, A Little A That



Even though I'm back from Kansas, I thought I'd finish up with one of our last activities. The girls and I decided to make a scrapbook of our trip to California. It turned out to be super adorable, and the girls did it almost all by themselves. Really good way to spend an afternoon.



So after a bittersweet goodbye to everyone in Kansas, I went on my merry way for my second trip to visit Johnny in Augusta. Johnny, at that point, was still living at the Comfort Inn...the army just gets more and more hardcore. As I was partying it up with the Real Housewives of Augusta, I decided to make Johnny some meals. The options were limited as he only had a minifridge, a microwave, and a bathroom sink. Along with peanut butter and jelly, carrots and humus, and take out Chinese, I managed to find this lovely Betty Crocker microwaveable brownie. It was actually decent, and I mean decent like my kids say decent not decent as in acceptable.


I loved spending time with Johnny, but Augusta's not my cup of tea, so I made my way back to our wonderful tiny apartment in Philadelphia. I decided today to make good use of our back patio. I walked to my favorite produce spot, Reading Terminal Market, and picked up some potting soil. Then I walked up to Trader Joe's and got two purple plants, two pink spotted plants, and one pink flour plant. I don't really remember what they are, but they look pretty.



Our new little seating area with the chairs that my mom found on the side of the road. I think I'll have a barbeque out here soon...next project, learn how to barbeque.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment