Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Packages


I know everyone does, but I really really like getting packages in the mail. I remember being super excited at getting a package when I was about ten. My parents weren't sure what it was, and when I opened it, it was my allergy medicine that my dad had bought online in bulk. I was still excited.

For Easter this year, my mom sent Johnny and me these rabbits from Laura Little's candy and fudge store. When I was younger, my grandma would get these for all of the grandkids every year. I always got a special white chocolate one because I didn't really like milk chocolate. We haven't had them since she passed away, so it was a really fun surprise.


And then, when we got home from North Carolina for Easter, I had ANOTHER package waiting for me at home. Good old Katie sent me this cute cupcake dish towel from Anthropologie and a cupcake cookbook from the Primrose Bakery in London. I think I'll just keep moving houses so I can keep getting sweet house warming presents.

One of my fun small memories at Wheaton is walking down to the Beamer Center after lunch or dinner in Saga and slowly rounding the corner of the mailboxes. I had the coordinates of my box programed into my head and could see the orange or blue pack slip from tens of feet away. After checking my box one day, I was behind a kid with a really long skinny box. I overheard him saying to his friend, "I meant to send it to my parents' house! Do you think anyone will notice that it's a shotgun?" Oops.


No comments:

Post a Comment