Thursday, April 21, 2011

Spring Break

I've been catching a lot of flack for saying I'm bored on Spring Break. It's not that I have nothing to do (make a quilt, grade senior papers, plan lessons and units, do the dishes, do the laundry, etc), I just want to have fun things to do. So yesterday I decided to make a few things.

Still using the frozen berries until it gets warmer, but I digress. I made a berry crisp, and let me tell you, I have tried tens of different crisp recipes, and this one has consistently been my favorite.

Next, I decided to use the KitchenAid to make sugar cookies for Easter. A little known fact is that this is not the actual mixer that I received as a gift for my wedding. That one decided to turn itself on high speed in the middle of the night when it was supposed to be turned off. KitchenAid brought us a new one.

I made some Easter Bunny cookies last night and gave them to our neighbors. I saved a few for us. I'm just looking at the tupperware now, and I'm pretty sure Johnny had one/two for breakfast.

Other fun things that we've been doing include hanging out with the kids I babysit here. On Saturday night, Johnny and I babysat the nine year old and twin six year olds, and we all decided to go out to dinner. The highlight of the meal was not the grilled cheese but instead feeling Johnny's new haircut every five minutes and laughing hysterically. When we got back to their house, Johnny was hanging out with boy twin six year old in his room, and Johnny commented that he thought it was nice that boy twin six year old had a picture of his older sister in his room. Boy twin six year old looked at it and said, "Well...she was born first...so we wanted to tell her, 'Congratulations!'"

I don't remember my siblings having congratulatory pictures of me in their rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment