Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Baby Update

Thought I'd provide a little baby update.  We just entered the eighth week, which is the end of the second month, more than halfway through the first trimester  According to thebump.com, Baby Hutson is the size of a raspberry and looks like a tadpole.  He/she has little webbed fingers and toes, and he/she can actually move around even though I can't feel it yet.

As for me, I wish that I were just floating around without a care in the world.  Whoever named morning sickness was an idiot.  It's more like all-the-time-every-day sickness.  I wake up sick and force myself to eat something because if I don't eat something, my acid reflux will get bad and make me more sick.  Then I take a nap around noon when the nausea gets really bad, wake up an hour later and walk to babysitting in the 101 degree heat, lovely.  Around 6pm I can stomach a little dinner, and I try to eat something that isn't crackers, potato chips, or a bagel.  Last night, though, around 11:30, I saw a Taco Bell commercial and was just about dying to get my hands on whatever ridiculous steak burrito thing they were selling.  I don't even really like Taco Bell.  


But all complaining aside, "morning" sickness is usually a good sign of placenta development and hormone levels.  This time around things seem to be going really well, and we're looking forward to another doctor's appointment in a week where we will hopefully see the baby's heart beat.  Go baby go!

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried flat 7up or Sprite to help with the sickness? Open a can and let it sit out awhile. I did it at night and put it on my nightstand so it was ready to go in the morning. That worked well for me as well as the stupid saltines. It will get better!

    ReplyDelete