Tuesday, March 20, 2012

It's A Girl!

After 41 whole weeks, we finally get to welcome Lila Margaret Hutson to our family!


I woke up Sunday morning with what I decided was a contraction.  Johnny and I started timing them on our sweet free Ipad app, and after only one hour, the contractions were over a minute long and five minutes apart.  We drove to the hospital, where the contractions immediately started to pick up to only about a minute or two in between each one.  I started out in the labor and delivery room planning to not get an epidural.  I sat on an exercise ball and got in the shower, but the contractions got to a point where there was no break in between them.  So I wimped out and got the epidural, and I was literally pain free until the two hours of pushing.    Lila was born at 5:31pm after only 10 hours of labor.  She was 9lbs and 6oz (only 9 oz less than her Uncle Mitchell) and 21 in long.  For being so big, the only problem that she has is that she broke the right side of her clavicle on the way out, so we're being very careful when we hold her. 


We got to go home today, and she did a great job in the car.  Thank you to all of her wonderful visitors and to everyone who's been thinking of us these last few days!  And Lila, we're sorry we all thought you were a boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment