Sunday, September 16, 2012

Caramel Ice Cream

Because of my continued trials and tribulations with the unattainable macaron, I have had a large supply of egg yolks on hand.  I decided to make some ice cream, but since the weather is so nice and cool here these days (even Johnny keeps saying how much he loves the weather!), I needed to find a flavor that would be considered fall-ish.


After looking around on the world wide web for a bit, I found this recipe for caramel ice cream.

It required the exact number of egg yolks that I had.  This recipe was extremely easy to make.  In fact, I made the whole thing while holding Lila because she wanted to see what was going on.

As usual, forgive the amateur photos, but the ice cream was absolutely fabulous!  We have already eaten almost all of it.  I have to make another batch of it soon because Johnny has asked for an ice cream pie for his birthday on Saturday.

If you are in the mood for other ice cream recipes, look at my Pinterest "Dessert Night" board.  I've made both of the ice cream recipes in there; the peanut butter cup is particularly good and even easier than the caramel.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment