Thursday, April 18, 2013

Healthy Strawberry Muffins

When we went to Target yesterday at 8:15am (apparently I am now that mom who goes to Target at ungodly hours with pajama clad children...hey we had to beat the rain), they were selling two big containers of strawberries for $4.  I decided to stock up and then went snooping around this morning for a healthy strawberry muffin recipe.



This Martha Stewart recipe for Strawberry Muffins was just the ticket.  It uses olive oil, which I have never used in baking before, has very little sugar, and partially uses whole wheat flour.  And instead of low fat buttermilk, I subbed skim milk with a tablespoon of vinegar added.


They passed the kid test, and I'm pretty sure they will pass the husband test.  He doesn't really take time to taste the food he inhales anyway.  Thanks Army.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment