Monday, August 26, 2013

Sad Goodbyes

My family has owned my Camry for ten years. Johnny and I decided to celebrate the end of this decade by selling it.  He posted it on craigslist Saturday morning and had a buyer by the end of the evening.  I wasn't prepared to say goodbye so quickly.



This is the car I drove to Happy Dragon for the buffet on my 16th birthday and probably ate my body weight in crab rangoon.  It's also the car that I road tripped in to the Missouri state fair in order to see Sister Hazel, and then we got there and they had cancelled so I convinced the state fair people to give us our money back but not before we saw a blow up slide that looked like the Titanic sinking. Missouri, always classy.  In this car Johnny and I drove to Wheaton after our honeymoon for our final semester of college.  We took this car to Philadelphia, and it survived five parking tickets as well as the window being broken and Garmin being stolen.  We took our daughter home from the hospital in this car after waiting thirty minutes in the wheelchair while Johnny and the hospital dude jumped the battery because we left the lights on throughout our delivery.  We also brought our first foster son and daughter home in this car and then continued to stuff all three children in the backseat.

This car has survived one small accident, Johnny ripping the door handles off twice, me spilling latex paint in the backseat and the trunk, two years of Philadelphia scratches, and lots and lots of baby screams.  It will definitely be missed.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment