Monday, September 9, 2013

Aunt Sarah's Shower

My good friend Sarah is getting married in less than a month, and this weekend I had the honor of throwing a little kitchen shower for her!  All of our best friends from high school as well as their moms were able to come, so it was a fun reunion and a great opportunity to give Sarah some much deserved attention.

For lunch I served a cranberry walnut salad, fancy macaroni and cheese, a variety of mini sandwiches and a large fruit salad that my girls have single handedly finished.



For dessert I served lemon and raspberry macarons, peanut butter bars from Janey Currey's recipe, and salted caramel mini cheesecakes.



Everyone was really generous with their gifts, and Sarah was able to complete a lot of items on her registry. 


It was also fun to meet some of Sarah's college friends and hear stories about her caaraaazy college years.


For party favors, I got my friend Sarah from Sarah's Sweet Shoppe to make these adorable KitchenAid cookies.  She always does an amazing job.


Now, I didn't get to participate in all of the bachelorette weekend festivities due to my delicate condition and the fact that I like to go to bed around 9:30, but getting to see all of my high school besties this weekend was wonderful.  We can't wait to see Sarah walk down the aisle in October!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Where do you find the time lady?!? Not only are you throwing awesome parties, but you are living to blog about it with 3 under 2 and 1 in the oven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just don't open any of my drawers or cabinets...

      Delete