Thursday, March 27, 2014

Lila's 2nd Birthday Party

I'm finally getting around to blogging about Lila's birthday party thanks to the fact that my girls are taking very long naps due to an exhausting trip to the doctor today for check ups.

The day of Lila's birthday party began with her walking around the family room completely tangled up in the balloons Daddy bought her for her party.  She is climbing the stairs in this picture because the second she saw me with the camera she declared, "I see it!"  Luckily the balloons slowed her down quite a bit.  I think I might have something here...


Once we untangled Lila and got the balloons dispersed throughout the house, the party could begin.  I tried keeping things small this year after filling our house last year with what seemed like 150 little girls in costumes, so we just had my extended family and a few friends over.


Lila wasted no time in chowing down on the chips and guacamole.


The rest of the menu included pulled pork, brisket, Zarda baked beans, Jack Stack style cheesy corn, green beans, and chips.  Lila was in hog heaven.  Pardon the pun. 


For cake, Lila requested a blueberry cake, so I used an old recipe of my parents' for a lemon blueberry cake.  It was definitely labor intensive; especially the part where I decided I didn't like the color of the icing so I scraped it all off, got my hair cut, went to the store for more powdered sugar and blueberries, told the girl scouts at the store that I couldn't buy cookies because I'm counting calories, drove home, and re-iced it.  Lila also chose a Costco red velvet cake as our secondary cake...because you can't have too much cake.  You can tell from the video that she was pretty excited about the cake.


 For party favors I made these sugar cookies with this icing


Lila got lots of great gifts, including a baby doll who she has named "Baby Chloey" after her cousin Chloey.  But her favorite gift at the party was her new princess Cozy Coup from my parents.  The first thing she asked me when she got in the car was if I could turn on the music.


Olive was a trooper and didn't even get jealous or anything...unlike me when Jessie received a brand new Fischer Price cassette player with TWO microphones for her birthday while I was looking like a chump with only a ONE microphone cassette player.


Happy Birthday my little Lila Lou! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment