Friday, October 31, 2014

Lila Gets Her Hair Cut

I've been putting this off for months.  I have envisioned putting Lila in the hair cutting chair only to have her collapse into extreme meltdown, totally terrified of scissors cutting off her hair.  But her hair finally got to such an unruly point that I either needed to get it cut or start saying she was the neighbor's kid.

So I took her to Beckie at Hair Lovin' in downtown Overland Park, she's amazing, by the way, if you're looking for a new stylist.  Though she says she doesn't know why anyone listens to me and comes to her because I get my hair cut about two times a year.  Anyway, Lila sauntered right in there, waved to everyone, and scurried up into the chair.


Notice the macaron bribe on the counter.


For the most part Lila did a great job...until Beckie wanted her to keep her head straight, and the tears started flowing.  Lila is apparently more of a cocked head kind of gal, and would NOT keep her head straight.  But I quickly morphed into the kind of mom that I vowed I would never be and turned on Netflix.  While Lila's eye glazed over, I grabbed her head with my hands and held it straight for the rest of the cut.  Problem solved!


Success!


Right around the end of the haircut, I thought about how you're supposed to save a lock of your child's hair during their first haircut, but then I thought about how we were recently looking through my grandmother's photo albums and my dad found Olive chewing on and swallowing a large chunk of blonde hair, presumably my mother's or my aunt's.  Soooo I'm gonna go with no hair saving in our house.


I told Lila that after the haircut she could go get a cupcake at Small Cakes in honor of Aunt Jessie's birthday and for doing a good job, but they were sold out! So I had the brilliant idea of getting her one at Wal-Mart and letting her eat it in the car.


"Mommy, it's yike soap."


Mmhmm.












No comments:

Post a Comment