Saturday, October 11, 2014

The Hutsons Go Apple Picking

I haven't been posting lately because I try to post interesting things.  Our days at the moment go like this: wake up, Lila says something about Daniel Tiger, I feed everyone, Lila watches Daniel Tiger, I make macarons, Olive eats like five things off the floor that she isn't supposed to, Lila plays pretend about Daniel Tiger, Olive gets stuck under the dining room table, we go to bed.  I might feed them at other points throughout the day, but this is a basic summation.  Not very interesting. 

But today, we mixed it up and went apple picking with the Reids and the Kidds!  Apple picking has always been special to me because my family would go when we were little, and Johnny and I went every year together in college and in Philadelphia.

And now we get to bring the wee ones.


Olive got to ride in style the whole morning.  She had a strap to chew on...she was in heaven.


The orchard that we went to was called Cider Hill Family Orchard up North.  It was super cute, but I will say that it was a little picked over.  Lila did find a few trees that had apples low enough for her.  "The apples on the ground are for the animals," she continued to remind herself.


I wish I had gotten a better picture of Lila and her buddy "Cahhhter," but this picture of Carter being nice and sweet while Lila spins in front of him pretty much sums up their relationship.


And I can't wait until these two get a little bit older and can really play together.  Lila loves her cousin Chloey, and between the two of them I think they bit into about 15 apples.


And thanks to Danielle for understanding that when you take a family photo, you need to press the button about 7 times to get a halfway decent picture.


  Umm sorry Olive.


I'd say a very successful apple picking extravaganza.


And hey, it's just across the highway from a great strip club called Whispers, so it's got that going for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment