Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Adams Family and Worlds of Fun

Friday was our big Worlds of Fun day! For those of you who aren't in the know, Worlds of Fun is Kansas City's big amusement park. We go every year, but this was the first time it was just the four of us instead of a big group, so we had a lot of fun. Here's our day!



Group photo at the entrance to the park!


Where Syd had to stand for a lot of rides because she's not 48 inches. She was a good sport, though. She's brave, but I don't think she has the fearlessness of her sister who went with me on the Tower of Terror in Disney Land when she was six.



The Red Baron in Snoopy Land. The lady who ran this ride took literally ten minutes to get it moving. She checked each kid, which was a good thing, but she kept moving them around to different seats for no apparent reason, and then kids would get bored and would get off, and then she'd move kids to those new seats. The ride itself only lasted about 30 seconds. Mers and Syd seemed to like it, though.



My favorite quote from Sydney for the day: When she got off of the Red Baron, she looked at me and said, "I just really want to hug Snoopy. That's what I really want to do!" So we hugged Snoopy and Sally and Charlie Brown. I always have a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach when I see people I know hugging characters. We spend kids' entire lives telling them not to talk to strangers, not to go with strangers, etc. Yet, we let them run up and hug random people in giant, creepy, costumes. There is something wrong with that, America.

This is my favorite area of Worlds of Fun. They created this giant room that's full of foam balls, ball vacuums, ball guns, ball everything. Kids can go around the room and collect the balls, load them in guns, and shoot them at people around the room. It's nice and cool in there, so we usually end up in there for at least 45 minutes on any given trip. The kids spent the whole time trying to find a gun that would shoot me in the spot where I was sitting.

The Viking Voyager! We didn't get very wet, but Sydney freaked out after we got off the ride. The final plunge scared her. She was able to cowgirl up and forage on.

And get her face painted! While Mers and I were on the Timberwolf, Austin took Sydney to get her face painted like a swan princess. Beautiful. It only took a few hours to get itchy and be wiped off.

So cute. Eating something like $15 worth of Dippin' Dots.

A perfect picture of each of them. Sydney: "Look at me!" Meriahna: "Goofball" Austin: "Why am I here?"

After we left, we drove home to their house, and guess the first thing they wanted to do when they got home? Read! Love that reading chart.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: