Monday, July 26, 2010

Sweet Home Augusta


It's 6:13 am, and I am currently arriving into Augusta. But Rachel, you say, I thought you were leaving Augusta today. Well, I say, that's absolutely correct. I just sat on the plane for an hour only to hear that we have a pressure problem, and this airport is so tiny that they have to call a local mechanic from the nearest town to fix the plane, and they don't think he'll be up this early, so it might take awhile. So yes, I just walked back into the Augusta airport.

They just came on the intercom and said that there are no seats on any flights out of Augusta until 6:30 tonight. Well then I'll have plenty of time for this post.


My visit with Johnny was absolutely wonderful. I feel like I don't mention him enough here, so I'm happy to report that he is alive and well. He has a cute little hotel room where he lives with his computer all set up, and he gets up early every morning to go to PT and then to class. That's where he is right now. He's relatively content.

Augusta is a whole different story. When we got in the car this morning at 4:30, it was 85 degrees. It's been over 100 degrees every day that I was here. My dad's friend described Augusta as a 'God-forsaken place full of whore houses' and something about liquor. I don't know if I would go that far, but it's definitely desolate. It's just dry and hot and big. They have a nice Jo-Ann's, though.

The next count down begins. 23 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment