Saturday, July 31, 2010

American Girls



So lately we've been super into our American Girls. I decided to pull mine out for the girls to play with, and I was immediately sucked back into my ten year old body. I absolutely loved dressing up my dolls and setting up imaginary situations, and it was surprisingly fun to set it all up again. On display here are Samantha, who Meriahna says has "passed away" meaning she's no longer being made, and a "make your own" American Girl Doll. We can't wait until the new store opens up at Oak Park Mall.



Sydney also helped me be a better wife to Johnny this week by helping me decorate cookies to send to him. Sorry to ruin the surprise Johnny. I hope they get there looking something like this. Notice Sydney's use of Christmas sprinkles and Valentine's Day sprinkles; very festive.



There are days when I miss my long hair (I cut off over a foot), so I make myself feel better by brushing and playing with Meriahna's. I think I learned how to do this in an American Girl magazine back in the day. Did anybody get the actual American Girl magazine, not just the catalogue? Oh I loved that. So much better than Hannah Montana. Yeah I said it.



Before I begin, please notice the sleeves of Silly Bandz going up and down both of Sydney's arms. I had nothing to do with that. So, Sydney is practicing reading and writing and ended up writing a book in the process. She wrote it herself and illustrated it herself. She calls it "Happy Day," and it is a compelling narrative about a girl who loses her toys and then finds them. Meriahna has one on the way about bullying. I'm pretty sure Pulitzer Prizes are in the mail.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment