Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Baseball


It's been extremely hot here these last few days, so when babysitting, we do the only logical thing: go outside and play baseball.

Twin six year old boy is super into all sports ever created, especially baseball. This evening he convinces his twin sister and me to come outside and play baseball in the driveway. Let me paint a picture for you. I am still wearing my work clothes which include a pencil skirt, long necklace, and pearl bracelets. Girl six year old is in a skirt as well. But six year old boy is decked out in baseball shirt, baseball hat, and shorts, ready to roll. Of course.

Six year old boy decides to pitch. Not only are his pitches terrifying because they are definitely faster than anything that I can throw, but his aim is a little off, so the ball usually ends up hitting me somewhere in the torso if I'm at bat. He also does the whole pitcher spitting on the ground thing while looking at the catcher and nodding or shaking his head at the signals. I turn around to look at the catcher, she's not even behind me but is off picking flowers on the side of the driveway. And while we are playing baseball, six year old boy certainly can't keep his real name, so he makes us call him Chase Utley (Phillies player pictured above). Six year old girl decides that she and I need names. She is now Rose, and I am Red. Perfect.

Chase Utley pitches for awhile, gets bored, and decides to bat. Rose is now the pitcher. Calling her Rose the pitcher would be enough for me to enjoy the festivities, but she punctuates each pitch with doing a handstand, skirt over her head, feet flailing in the air.

It's going to be a good summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment