Saturday, June 4, 2011

"This is the Moment"

Well, the end of the school year is upon us. I know most of you in the midwest are already finished, but for some reason, out East, we start late and end late. Usually, I try to avoid talking about school too much on here because of this, but I did want to mention a couple things about the end of the year.

After an awesome awards ceremony today where students received all kinds of things, including cash prizes (I'm still waiting for that teacher cash prize one, for some reason we didn't get to that in the ceremony...), we all got our yearbooks! They are entirely done by our student yearbook staff and our art teacher, including the cover, which I got the student artist to sign.


And apparently every year the senior class surprises one teacher they felt close to by dedicating the yearbook to them. I kind of knew it was going to be me because a few months ago one student said, "I heard a rumor that you said you don't want the yearbook dedicated to you." I said, "I have no idea what you are talking about." Student says, "Oh...ok." and leaves.

So I thought I might get a sentence or something in the back. But no! I have an entire spread full of pictures of me on the second page of the yearbook. Please notice that in some pictures I'm holding up my lunch box, holding books, looking annoyed and saying why are you still taking my picture in the middle of class... But it was really very sweet, and I'm very excited to cry all through graduation because this is my first graduating class of seniors; they've gotten so big!

Little Shop also got a really nice spread. I don't think I ever put a picture of Audrey II on here. Audrey II was built entirely by our art teacher, Joe Sinagra, and pretty much almost every student in the school and numerous teachers. We finished it the night before dress rehearsal, and then asked, "Wait, how are we going to get it over there?" The stage was 25 blocks away in West Philly.

But she made it, and the show was amazingly fun, and I'm so pleased to have a spread about it in the yearbook because it was a huge success for all of the students involved.

Here's where I need your help. Next year, Joseph or Godspell? They don't have to be Christiany shows, those just seem to be the two I'm stuck on.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, how exciting! As far as your decision goes, remember you will need lots of younger kids for Joseph. That could be a deciding factor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whatever, you know you're gonna do Phantom.

    ReplyDelete