Thursday, January 19, 2012

Baby Hutson's New Crib

Allow me to let you in on a little secret: Cribs are expensive! Johnny and I decided after our first trip to Buy Buy Baby that we would most likely be looking for a crib on Craig's List in order to cut costs with all of the new baby things we would need to buy. After just a little bit of time spent looking around, I found a brand new, never before used crib and mattress on Craig's List for $200. All in all saving us at least $300.



We took my mom's minivan to pick it up from the seller. After dropping Johnny off at work, I decided I would drive it home, put it in the house, and then give my mom her car back. I got all the way to my driveway when I realized that my keys to my house as well as the garage door opener were with my car at my parents' house. So rather than drive 20 minutes back there to get the keys, 20 minutes back to my house, and then 20 minutes back to drop off the car, I knocked on my elderly neighbor's door and asked if I could stick it in her garage until later. She kindly obliged.



And look how cute it is!  Daddy Hutson did a very good job of putting it together.  Next on the Craig's List list is a rocking chair (no way I'm paying $600+ for a new one).

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Love it.....Rachel....what a education you are getting....good that you have time to learn all this new stuff. Love, Ms. Pat

    ReplyDelete