Thursday, August 23, 2012

Hutson Hallway Before and After

We did it!  Well about 97% of it, but I'm very happy with how painting our hallway turned out.  Here are a few before and after shots.  (Wall color is "Repose" by Sherwin Williams, and trim color is "Snowbound" also by Sherwin Williams)

Before:



After:

 



Before:


After: You can still see up in the corner where we need to borrow a ladder to finish.  I came home to Johnny precariously balanced on a piece of 2x4 on top of a milk crate on top of a chair on top of the stairs.  Instead of telling him to get off, I spotted him.  Hey, I really wanted this painted.



Before:


After:




Before (yuck!):


After:



Before:
 
After:



And a few more after shots.  I'm very pleased with how the color looks with the living room color.  I originally thought the grey was going to be a little darker according to the samples I put on the wall, but it still turned out nicely.
 
  
 
 


Our two upcoming projects include putting a mantel on our fireplace, which absolutely MUST happen before Christmas this year, and stripping the wallpaper in the dining room and painting it.  If anyone enjoys stripping years and years of old wallpaper, come on down.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment