Sunday, August 5, 2012

20:1

Last night during an fabulously unexpected visit from Johnny's cousin Shana and her husband Tommy, Shana and I were discussing how much time we spend on Pinterest.  I decided that for about every twenty things I pin, I actually do about one of them.  Here's the one for this week.

I saw this pin a few days ago and thought to myself, "Hey I have a bulletin board and some burlap left over from this Christmas tree skirt (another Pinterest pin).  I should make that!"  Well it turns out that I didn't have as much burlap as I thought, so I decided to use some other fabric instead.  And here is how it turned out:


The bulletin board was free because it was a cast off from Johnny's work.  All of the fabric was free because  it was just scraps from other projects, and the upholstery nails cost $3.  I love me some cheap projects.


I just pulled the fabric around the bulletin board, stapled it to the back, and hammered in the upholstery nails.  Those little suckers were the hardest part because they kept bending every time I tried to hammer them.  I believe it was an operator error, however, because my arm muscles and aim are seriously lacking.


I tacked and stapled two pieces of burlap to either side of the top, tied it in a bow, and hung it on a nail.


Add a few pictures, and baddabing baddaboom, instant bulletin board.

2 comments: