Friday, April 25, 2014

Cedar Ridge Coffee House

I've always thought to myself, I should start a coffee shop that has a play place attached for kids so that moms can come and drink coffee while their kids play.  Well, lucky for Johnny, I don't need to start this business because it already exists! "What?" you say.  "How could I have not known about this?" I know! That's how I felt.


Just south of 87th and Lackman, there's a church called Cedar Ridge Christian Church.  They have a coffee house on the east end of their building that has this great indoor play area attached to it full of fun Ikea play equipment.  There's also a rock wall and a gym that you can bring your own bikes and trikes into.  And best of all...it's free! I mean the coffee isn't free, but it's a church so it's not super expensive or anything.

Lila and Olive and I went there yesterday when it was raining.  It was definitely a little crowded.  There is a sign on the play area door that says "5 and under." Now there were at least four or five kids in there who were definitely over five.  Their moms were in there too, but the kids were running around, trampling Lila at one point.  Anyone have suggestions for how to deal with this?  I had a few ideas:

1. Passive aggressively go get the old ladies at the coffee shop outside and make them deal with it.
2. Go over to one of the moms and pretend I don't know the kids are theirs and complain to them really loudly about the kind of moms who let their big kids into a little kid play area.
3. Run into their kids after they run into my kid.
4. Shout "Fire!" and then lock the door after everyone leaves so that Lila can have the whole place to herself.
5. Politely ask the moms if they wouldn't mind having their older kids go to the gym (Haha yeah right! That would be too easy.)

Anywho, if you're interested in going to Cedar Ridge, here's the hours:

Monday  CLOSED
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday - 8am - 8pm
Friday - 8am - 4pm
Saturday & Sunday - 9am - Noon

1 comment:

  1. Since this is run by the church, maybe call the office and tell them about the situation and ask what to do about it?
    Pat Wyatt
    (Couldn't figure out which one of the "comment as" was me, so just did "anonymous!"

    ReplyDelete