Thursday, April 24, 2014

Dining Room Chair Redo

If you have eaten a meal at our house recently, you most likely have noticed how disgusting our dining room chairs have become.


White seats + three little kids = bad idea.


So I decided that I wanted to reupholster the seats.  The various directions that I looked at online made it seem pretty easy, so I popped those puppies off of the chairs and started pulling out staples.


Underneath was a lovely pink number.


Johnny and I both agreed that we wanted plaid on the chairs, and I knew we needed something dark to combat Lila at dinner time, so I started looking around Etsy.  I found this great seller who had lots of choices, and I ended up ordering a couple yards of this red plaid.


So I was not aware, but recovering chairs is extremely easy and it only requires about two yards of fabric, so it's also a super cheap redo.  All you have to do is cut the fabric around the seat and staple it to the back.


Ta da! This seriously took less than two hours. Go do it right now.


Now I need to go buy some Scotch Guard like asap (Get it? Scotch Guard for the plaid seats? Ha. Get it?).




No comments:

Post a Comment