Wednesday, April 2, 2014

"Gummies Make My Finger All Bedder"

 Well we had our first urgent trip to urgent care on Monday night.


Lila was standing on a chair in our dining room while Johnny and I were getting dinner on the table, and the next thing we knew she had tipped the chair backwards, falling face first into the chair rail on the wall (notice the diagonal stripe across her face ie. chair rail).  When it happened, our first fear was her teeth because she was bleeding from her mouth, but Johnny checked her out and she seemed ok.  Then I noticed that her right index finger was huge and bruised.  I think she had been holding onto the chair and that finger got caught between the chair and the wall.  She couldn't move it very well, and she was crying and crying, so Johnny called our pediatrician who was still open, and they said to bring her in.  At the time of the accident, Lila had been trying on her flower girl dress for Aunt Suzanne's wedding on Saturday.  Luckily I had just taken it off of her and had yet to put new clothes on her, so no wedding clothes were harmed in the making of this accident.  The only problem was that Lila was so upset that she refused to put on clothes before we went to the doctor, so we just brought her to the doctor sans clothing.  The only way I even got her in the car was to give her Trader Joe's penguin gummies.  As she was eating them, she kept saying, "Gummies make my finger all bedder."

She did a great job at the doctor and was very brave.  They don't think the finger is broken, but we are supposed to keep an eye on it.  She does have some lovely scratches on her face which will be perfect for the aforementioned wedding.

Lila has been very humbled by the whole experience, telling everyone she meets about how she got hurt and that she won't stand on a chair again.  Yesterday morning I was giving her a hug, and I said, "I'm sorry that you got hurt." She responded, "I sorry Mama.  It my fault."  I started laughing, and Johnny responded, "Well, yes it was."  I think she gets her humility from me.

1 comment:

  1. That is so precious that she talks about how she will not stand on a chair again. So sorry you had to go through all of that. It is always scary when children get even the tiniest injury. They are just so fragile. We have taken a few ER trips with out kids so I know the stress it causes.

    Loura Swader @ U.S. HealthWorks Gilroy

    ReplyDelete