Sunday, June 12, 2011

Class of 2011



It has been quite the weekend. My little baby seniors up and graduated yesterday morning. This is the first time that I've ever taught seniors, so it was a very exciting graduation day for me. Here are a few fun facts about my school's graduation:
  1. The average graduation rate in Philadelphia is 50%. My school graduated 100%
  2. The average college attendance rate from those graduating classes is 25%. I believe almost 100% of our students are planning on going.
  3. One of my students is going to Wheaton!!!
  4. I wore the same dress that I graduated from high school in under my cap and gown this year.



All the teachers got to wear graduation regalia as well. I've got my Wheaton orange and blue on the inside and then white on the outside for my English degree. I felt pretty snazzy.Johnny also got to wear something special this weekend: his uniform. For those of you who don't know, Johnny did ROTC all through Wheaton and is currently serving in the National Guard. Two years down, six to go. He's getting ready for a month long stint in Maryland in July. Only a few hours away this time, and he does look cute in that uniform.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment