Monday, September 12, 2011

Crepe Cake

Ever since our wedding, Johnny has been intrigued by crepe cakes, cakes made of multiple layers of crepes with a filling between each layer. He really wanted one for his groom's cake, but since they only feed ten people, I vetoed that one.  When he was in Georgia, I promised I would make him one upon his return...then I realized it takes two days of work, so that didn't happen.

But on Friday night, Johnny flew to Philadelphia, packed up our entire house, and drove a 20 hour drive with our friend Eric to bring all of our things to Kansas, arriving at 7am on Sunday.  I decided he deserved a really complicated cake.

I used this smittenkitchen recipe, prepped everything the day before, and it actually turned out ok.



So here's a big thank you to my wonderful husband and our friend Eric for getting all of our worldly possessions half-way across the United States.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment