Saturday, September 17, 2011

Homecoming

It's that time of year again, Homecoming.  When I was in high school, I loved dances and everything about them.  The anticipation, the dresses, the dinner (until your date orders milk).  Now that my brother and Austin are in high school I get to relive the drama all over again; this time from the boys' perspective.

Mitchell already asked his date, without letting me be involved, the jerk.  Austin, however, needed a driver, so I got to help with his plan.  Here's how it went down:



We quickly drove home after school where I made a sign that said, "It only makes 'cents' to go to Homecoming with me!"  (Stay with me on this one).  I made sure Austin signed it so that it didn't look like a girl was asking his date out.  We then went back to the high school to pick up the mastermind behind this whole thing, Mitchell's date, Judy.  She bounded into the car, and we drove to Cheyenne's house, the girl Austin was planning to ask.

Austin and Judy got out of the car with four hand fulls of pennies in tow. Austin went around back to Cheyenne's tree house while Judy went up to Cheyenne's room, placed the sign on her bed and covered it in pennies (Get it now?).  Meanwhile, I, the getaway driver, sat down the street in my car, trying to look inconspicuous.

Twenty minutes later, Cheyenne came home, her mom sent her to her room where she saw the sign, and Judy told her to go to the tree house.  Somehow they all fit up in the tree house; Austin asked; Cheyenne said yes; facebooks were updated, and we went on our merry way.

A very successful Homecoming ask...now we just need to work on how to wear a suit and chew with our mouths closed. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment