Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Night of the Walking Pregnant Woman

I have never had any problems with sleeping.  Aside from the mouth breathing of those plagued with allergies, I have never sleep walked or talked in my sleep.  At least not more than maybe twice in my life.

But lately, I believe that my pregnancy is messing with my subconscious.  A few weeks ago, Johnny said that I turned to him in my sleep, mumbled something, laughed, patted him on the head, mumbled the same thing again and then went back to sleep.

A few nights ago, I woke up at four in the morning, covered in a blanket, on a chair in my parents' basement.  A fairly complicated place to get to in the dark and while asleep.

Last night, I woke up to go to the bathroom and realized that the sweatshirt I had been wearing when I went to bed was no longer on my body and was instead on the floor of the bathroom.  I have no recollection of taking it off or of even being warm enough to want to take it off.

I suppose I would rather have this happen than morning sickness...but I'm a little worried I'm going to turn into one of those people who jumps out of a window or something.  At least we live in the basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment