Saturday, June 16, 2012

Losing the Baby Weight

Apparently in France, women only put on 20-25 pounds during their pregnancies and lose it within the first few months.  Well here in America, we like to go big.  I certainly did with my pregnancy.  Overall, I believe that I put on 45 pounds.  Almost three months in, I have lost half of it (though 10 pounds was Lila herself), and I'm having trouble losing the rest.

So we have decided to take action.  Johnny, being the supportive husband that he is, and I have decided to do a month long shock to our systems starting Monday.  We got the idea from my mom who has done it before at her gym, Infinite Fitness on 133rd and Roe.  Here are the general rules:

  • No carbs after 1:00pm (and only one serving before that)
  • No sugar at all
  • 3-5 servings of protein a day (meat, fish, eggs, etc.)
  • 3-5 servings of veggies
  • 45 minutes of vigorous exercise 6 days a week
I've already told Johnny that I get to cheat on my birthday as well as when we go to Silver Dollar City with our families (funnel cake? yes please).  We bought a scale; Johnny bought a bike...we're ready to go.  You might not want to talk to me for awhile.

1 comment:

  1. It took me a long time to lose my baby weight after having Mark. It will come off, be patient!

    ReplyDelete