Sunday, June 24, 2012

Week One Diet Report

Have you ever seen such a sorry looking refrigerator? Literally the only things in here are vegetables, fruit, grilled chicken, and various forms of egg.  I'm starting to have dreams that I'm eating french fries, and even in the dream I feel guilty about it.


Needless to say, we have survived Week One of the Diet.  I had no idea that the hardest part of this whole thing would be giving up sweets.  "I'm not a big sweets person," I told myself.  Except for the chocolate chips I put on my apples and peanut butter in the afternoon, or the brown sugar cookies I make weekly, or the coffee cake that we just HAVE to have on Saturday mornings, I really am not a sweets person.  Okay, so apparently I am.  I miss my cookies and treats much more than my dinnertime carbs.  But at least I get this little bald-spotted sweet:


Sorry, I couldn't resist.  Lila has been a real trooper with the change in diet.  She loves sleeping on our morning walk/jog, and she hasn't even complained that she now has ridiculous amounts of gas because of my heavy vegetable diet.  Sometimes at night I listen to her on the baby monitor just talking to herself and tooting away.

My favorite new thing that I tried this week was Zumba (thanks for the advice Alli!).  Katie and I went to the Matt Ross Community Center for some $5 Zumba on Saturday morning.  I really enjoyed myself except for the fact that I had to leave to go to the bathroom 20 minutes in.  Apparently after having a baby, you can't jump around anymore.

Johnny and I are both down a few pounds and eager to see the end of the next 23 days (but who's counting?).

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like a hard diet. Zumba is great though and wish we had some affordable classes like that in N.C.. .keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. man I'd pay $5 just to watch you guys in Zumba. Also, have you ever tried eating dried dates? You might think I'm crazy, but the texture/sweetness seriously reminds me of a cookie. They are super sweet, so only eat 1. and you might hate them, but just a suggestion to help with your cravings. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete