Sunday, June 1, 2014

Do You Want to Draw A Snowman?

The new Ikea benches for my kitchen were delivered on Friday.  And by "new benches" I mean pieces of wood, an Allen wrench, an instruction manual and two or three moments of "I'm pretty sure I don't have all the pieces."  Also included were a few large pieces of paper.


We got out our crayons that very safely reside in the drawer of the coffee table right across from the WHITE CHAIR, and Lila immediately asked me to color the princess from Frozen slamming the door.  Then she wanted the other princess from Frozen slamming the door too.  I should mention that I was arguing about a line from the movie with my 17 year old brother last night, and he said, "Trust me. I've seen it like five times." 


Next Lila asked me to draw some stairs. (She didn't believe they were stairs so I had to prove it by drawing a person climbing the stairs.)


Then she wanted me to draw a calendar.  I didn't even know she knew what a calendar was.


 There was also a sheep and a chair included in that set of requests.  Then we moved on to the chalk board in the kitchen where she asked me to draw swings and a slide.  She then tried to sit on the swings, which didn't work, so she informed me that she can sit on them when she's older.  She's also looking forward to being older because when she turns sixteen she has requested our 2006 Pilot, our iPad, and our computer.  Johnny also offered to throw our phones into the deal.


No comments:

Post a Comment