Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Dollar Store Frames

Phew. This blog post almost didn't happen.  I realized that Johnny took the camera cord with him to Army, but after informing him of the world's great need to know how to decorate with dollar store frames, he directed me to the Leap Frog laptop cord.  What a pal.  So never fear, this post will indeed happen.

In our living room we have this great big bookcase.  I used to have all kinds of stuff on it, but it was overcrowded and stressing me out.  I knew I wanted to have a bunch of matted photos on the shelves but didn't want to spend $300 buying 15 nice frames.  I had a few leftover frames from my friend Sarah's bridal shower, so I tried taping 5x7 photos to white cardstock and then putting them in the 8x10 silver dollar store frames.  It worked pretty well, so I went and bought a few more to fill up the shelves.


Nice cheap project.


After the frames in the living room worked pretty well, I thought that I could do something similar in our almost redone Family Room (Johnny when you get home you get to paint some more!).  Like everyone, I'm sure, I've held on to a bunch of cards through the years that I really like.  I've had them up on different bulletin boards throughout the house, but I wanted to do something to display them more nicely.  I found some 5x7 frames at the dollar store that already had mattes and slipped the cards in those.  Then I realized that I don't remember where a lot of the cards I've kept are.  So there's that problem.


I like how it ended up. And it only cost $6.


In other news, if anyone has an extra copy of The Cat in the Hat, we need a new one.  Lila was mad that I put her to bed.  On second thought, I am really sick of that book.  Good choice, Lila.




No comments:

Post a Comment