Saturday, July 19, 2014

Baby Chloey's Nursery

I've been wanting to do this post for FOREVER.  I was lucky enough to grow up down the street (and around a corner and down another really long, steep street and then up a smaller hill...I mean I probably wouldn't walk there or anything unless I had to...) from my cousin who's a month older than I am.  And now our girls are lucky enough to grow up walking distance from each other too.  Anyway, my cousin Melody is super talented when it comes to decorating, and her daughter's nursery is the most adorable nursery I have ever seen.  I finally got over there to snap a few shots.

The paint color is Lazy Days by Valspar.


The crib was an Ikea purchase. $99 for a super cute crib? Yes please. I hope Olive and Lila like playing in the wooden shoe at Ikea daycare because that's where they're going to be every day when it opens.  Maybe they'll teach them Swedish. 


The polka dots were an Etsy purchase.  I don't know how she got them on so straight.  I definitely would have given up after about two.


These book baskets are one of my favorite things about the room.  I did gutter shelves in Lila's Big Girl Room (which by the way is being changed back into a guest room...wish us luck with convincing Lila to sleep with Olive tomorrow night), and for the amount of books they hold, they are quite pricey and not all that cute.  


These baskets from Hobby Lobby look a lot cuter and hold a similar amount.


The flamingo print is what inspired the room as well as the baby shower our book club threw for Baby Chloey.  The flamingo print as well as the sparkle print were both Etsy purchases, and the sparkle print was an instant download! I would have never thought of that. So cute.


Melody originally painted this piece to be used as a sideboard in her dining room, but then moved it up here for a changing table.  She attached one of the same baskets she used for books to the side for holding diapers.  My favorite part about the room, though, has to be this little door that leads to a secret storage space.  When Chloey is older, Melody plans to put a little ladder up to it and finish it off as a play room.  So fun.  I'm hoping she's also planning to host sleepovers...every weekend.  Between Ikea, my parents on Fridays, and Aunt Melody's house on Saturdays, I might never have to see my children again!


I love how all of the closets in Melody's house have these cute shuttered sliding doors.  Sliding doors are never cool, but these actually look nice.


Now just FYI, Melody decorates for other people too, not just her own adorable baby.


Isn't that a cute card?


 Love it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment