Saturday, September 6, 2014

Baby Caleb's Nursery

Earlier, my friend Danielle let me post about her older son's room, but Danielle is lucky enough to have two adorable little boys, so today I wanted to show you seven month old Caleb's room.  And if he didn't already live in here, I would totally move in.  The grey, navy, and green color scheme is perfect!


I love Caleb's grey crib.  He has to have a breathable bumper like Olive so that his arms and legs don't get stuck in the slats, but Olive also taught him how to untie the bows to suck on the ties, so take that Mom!  The cute prints above the bed are from Etsy and once again, Danielle had them matted and then framed them. So cute.


I love the darker grey accent wall.  I'm always tempted to do a whole room one bold color, but we've all seen how that goes.  And if you scroll up to the first picture, she used the accent paint on the trim of his closet.  Such a good idea.  And these navy curtains, that I'm planning to steal the next time they are out of town, are from Target.


Such a sweet little rocker, and I love the navy iron table.


I've talked before about using gutter shelves for books, but Danielle got these little wooden bookshelves from Ikea.  They are definitely cheaper than the gutter ones that I did, and I like them almost more.  I'm planning to pick some up next week for our living room when the big ol' Kansas Ikea opens.  Ninety-nine cent breakfast here I come! And they have free baby food.  Olive's going to be dining in style.  Heck, I might start feeding Lila baby food again.


I absolutely love using book illustrations as artwork throughout my house, so I love that Danielle used poems from Shel Silverstein's Where the Sidewalk Ends in Caleb's room.  She couldn't find navy frames anywhere that she liked, so she bought some cheap ones and spray painted them navy.


Such a great little room for such a great little guy!



No comments:

Post a Comment