Friday, April 2, 2010

A Quilt for Katie

One of the perks of teaching high school English, aside from hearing, "I didn't know we had homework!" ten times a day, is spring break. I've filled the last few days with packing, cooking, grading, and yes, quilting. This next quilt is for Katie. Katie is days away from finishing her student teaching and her college career! I thought she deserved something fun to honor her huge accomplishment.




These are some of the 16 squares that will make up the quilt. You can sort of see how each square works in a spiral pattern. The pattern is called "log cabin." Here's an excellent log cabin tutorial.




Some of the cute fabric I'm using! I love going to the Philadelphia Fabric Outlet on Fabric Row. I got each of these for $3 a yard.


Close-up of the cute fabric. I've used this giraffe fabric on almost all of my little girls' quilts. Katie made it into the little girl category since she's a little girl at heart :).




Pins! I lost these for awhile, and they are crucial for any sewing project.

Heading to Tenth Pres for the Good Friday Service tonight. We're also looking forward to the sunrise service on Sunday in Rittenhouse Square. Brings back memories of camping out the night before Easter on Colonial's lawn and waking up to sing before the sun came up...ah I realize that I did not have the average high school experience.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment