Monday, April 19, 2010

A week in the life...

We have finally moved in! Internet is working and all boxes are unpacked. I thought I'd sum up my days being away with a few pictures and recipes.




Sixth and ninth periods finally earned their cupcakes. I have a points system in my room that they surprisingly follow. I start counting down from five, and the response is, "She's counting!!!" and then silence. Usually it works. (Reminder, they are sixteen years old). They earn points every day and one reward is...cupcakes.


Cupcake of the day is Banana Walnut from the Martha Stewart Cupcake Cookbook. Here's the recipe. I used brown sugar cream cheese frosting instead, which is just cream cheese, smart balance, a cup of brown sugar and a cup of powdered sugar. Yum!


The real question, though, is how to get to school on the subway with 48 cupcakes. I present to you, my pride and joy, the cupcake carrier! It's amazing. Go get one. Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

In other news, my girls' lacrosse team is 2-0. Our last game we won 15-0. Little did you all know that hiding down inside of me was a beastly coach. Some of my specialties are the "Boom Dynamite!" cheer and singing "I'm a Single Lady" on the sidelines. I really don't know how we win.

And finally, pictures of our new house! The bedroom and the kitchen are the rooms that are the closest to being finished. I love the fact that I can fit more than half a person in this kitchen.

Notice the framed page from Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs.

Bedroom. The brown walls were inspired by the photographer that I babysit for. She has a living room like this, and it looks really nice. Ours is coming together well.


The beginnings of my craft area. Johnny spent about an hour drilling into a brick wall to hang my shelf. Love him!

For those of you wanting to widen your vocabulary, here's a new phrase I learned yesterday: "Outta pocket" = "Out of line"
Use it in a sentence: "You outta pocket!"

And the week goes on.



No comments:

Post a Comment