Thursday, October 20, 2011

Baby Hutson's Room

Now that the living room is underway, I'm starting to figure out what I'm going to do in Baby Hutson's room.  You might remember it as looking like this:


The walls are going to be some kind of light, non-pastelish green by Sherwin Williams  But the thing that I am most concerned about right now is my plan for decorating.  I want to have illustrations from nine different children's books framed and hung on the wall in a three frame by three frame square.  My plan is to either cut the illustrations out and frame them (which I have done before) or attempt to make high quality color copies of them and then frame them...that way they could all be the same size and I don't have to ruin nine books.  So if you have experience doing that, let me know.

Here are the book options that I have so far:

Curious George by H.A. Ray

Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile by Bernard Waber

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
by Judith Viorst

 Babar by Jean de Brunhoff 
(I have this one in French from Paris.)

 Corduroy by Don Freeman

 Flotsam by David Wiesner

 Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown

 If You Give A Mouse A Cookie by Laura Joffe Numeroff

Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans

 Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey

 Olivia by Ian Falconer

 The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats

 The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle

 Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak

 Miss Nelson is Missing! by James Marshall

 Bread and Jam for Frances by Russell Hoban

These books are compiled from books that I enjoyed as a kid, books that I've enjoyed while babysitting more recently, and also books that I became acquainted with in Children's Literature at Wheaton.  Am I missing any?  Do you have favorites?  I have to narrow it down to nine.  Help!


3 comments:

  1. This is a really cute idea. And it totally makes me think of Reading Rainbow!!!

    Put my vote down for Madeline! and Corduroy. and Babar. We read a lot of the same books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of them are great. Officer Buckle and Gloria is one of the boys' favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before I read your post I thought: "Where the Wild Things Are," Olivia," "Winnie the Pooh," "The Runaway Bunny," "Guess How Much I Love You" and "Goodnight Moon."

    I had to stop myself. I have millions more!!!

    P.S. You have to have "where the wild things are" (you don't have a choice on that matter).

    Aunt Katie

    ReplyDelete