Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Candy Man Can



One thing that I have always wanted to make and never have is caramel.  Yesterday, I found this great recipe for Spiced Apple Cider Caramels at the Not So Humble Pie blog.  I had most of the ingredients, so I decided to make them.


It was so easy!  Definitely time consuming, but not hard or expensive at all.  The only thing I changed was using part apple cider and part Trader Joe's cranberry cider, only because they had run out of the regular kind.  


The only problem with the recipe is that it made 82 pieces of caramel...even Johnny can't manage all of that. So if you live near me, some of these might be coming your way!  And just a reminder to everyone that Christmas Music Day is only 6 days away, so it's a good thing we've started practicing our holiday recipes.

P.S. Pictured in the background of this last picture is one of the pages from the Martha Stewart Cupcake Cookbook.  I highly recommend it if you're looking for a really good cupcake cookbook.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment