Wednesday, May 9, 2012

International Travel

Well, Lila and I survived our first trip out of the country together.  Texas was big and hot; just as I remember it.  Lila got to see her great grandparents again, meet her cousin Kate and her Aunt Annie, and dance with her granddaddy at the wedding.  I got to eat a waffle shaped like Texas.  (I'm planning to make some Kansas waffles...just use my rectangular waffle maker and take a bite out of the upper right hand corner.)

At the wedding, we made it a priority to get this four generation photo of my grandmother, my mom, myself and Lila.  Before taking this photo, my Nana informed my brother that if she fell while he was walking her down the aisle, he should just continue on and she would crawl into the nearest open pew. Way to take one for the team.


Lila loved the reception.  She danced with Mitchell and me in what I think was called the "Grand March."  It seemed to be like the Train except that it was somewhat choreographed and many people had on cowboy boots and said, "Yes ma'am," and "Yes sir."

Along with dancing on the dance floor, Lila danced the night away in her car seat.



Besides Lila having to sleep on the king sized bed with me because the Pack and Play the hotel gave us was covered in baby urine stains, it was a very successful trip and a beautiful wedding.  Lila slept on the plane the entire way home.


Now we just have to do it all over again on Friday.  Tennessee, here we come!

2 comments:

  1. How very, very precious.....Rachel....you are a brave one. God Bless You All. Love, Ms. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you could have a great time! You are helping Miss Lila adapt easily by taking her on so many adventures!

    ReplyDelete