Sunday, May 13, 2012

My Traveling Bebe

Since traveling to Texas went so well, we decided to brave the trip to Tennessee to see Johnny's sister Suzanne get commissioned into the Navy as a nurse.  Lila and Johnny dressed for the occasion.


And because we've been traveling so much, I've had a lot of good time to read some new books that I highly recommend.

litreactor.com
Bossypants by Tina Fey was a super fun, super quick read.  She tells a lot of great stories about her experiences on Saturday Night Live and 30 Rock.  I really enjoyed her writing style and wanted to read more when the book was over.

babywithatwist.wordpress.com
Currently, I'm in the middle of Bringing Up Bebe.  Pamela Druckerman is an American living in Paris who decides to figure out why French children are so much better behaved than American children and why French moms seem much calmer and skinnier.  She has some really funny stories but also some really interesting insights and pieces of advice.  I've already tried the French way of doing things with Lila, and it's working like a charm (two and a half hour nap in her crib this afternoon so that I could plant flowers and make pillows? yes please).


Johnny has been reading a lot too and including Lila in it.  She really likes Pilgrim's Progress and King Arthur.  Sigh, Lila is going to be sooo cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment