Friday, May 18, 2012

Ouch

Lila has had a tough couple of days.  Yesterday, while putting her in her stroller, I accidentally snapped her tummy with the buckle.  She had a look of total surprise and then sobbed while looking at me with total betrayal in her eyes.  Luckily her short term memory is bad.  Once the initial pain stopped, she looked at me and smiled, wondering why we were still in the driveway.


Today, Lila had her two month check up (Remember the monthly picture in the basket? That will happen once I fold the laundry that is currently in the basket.).  Two month check up means shots, lots of shots.  Three to be exact.  The nice nurse, who I believe has the WORST job in the world, lulled Lila into a false sense of security by giving her one of the vaccines as a yummy liquid for her to suck on.  Once Lila was done with that and happily holding my finger, the nurse jabbed her in the leg with a shot.  Lila looked surprised but was pulling through until Nurse Pain jabbed her again and then again in the other leg.  The poor baby's whole body stiffened up, turned bright red and was wracked with silent sobs.  The nurse had to rub her tummy to get her to start breathing again because she was so mad.  I had to look away because it made me cry!  

Unlike the stroller situation where she forgot it almost instantly, Lila cried all the way to the waiting room until she wore herself out and fell asleep.  She eventually shrugged it off and is currently swinging in her swing and licking her stuffed bunny's stomach.  I do apologize if you ever hold her, Lila not the bunny, because you will definitely be licked.

No comments:

Post a Comment