Monday, May 7, 2012

A Day in the Life

I realize that I haven't written much lately, but I find that feeding and cleaning are often not the most interesting things to read about.  We do have some good news, though.

Remember this acne?

Almost all gone!


Lila is becoming so vain now that she keeps telling me, "No more pictures, lady!"


When I was pregnant with Lila, I found myself looking around online to see if anyone had posted what a newborn's daily schedule looks like.  I realized that there wasn't much of a schedule, but I wanted to see what I was getting myself into.  Long story short, I couldn't find anything, so I thought I'd put up our schedule just in case anyone is interested.  I will say that this is subject to change...and by subject to change I mean always changes.

Last Wednesday's Schedule

4:00 am Lila wakes up to have her diaper changed and eat
4:45 am Lila goes back to sleep
8:00 am Lila wakes up to have her diaper changed and eat
8:45 am Everyone is awake and Mommy eats breakfast while Lila sits in her bouncy seat
9:00 am Lila gets her diaper changed and Mommy tries to pack for the trip to Texas while Lila lies on her blanket and listens to music
9:30 am Mommy and Lila go to Hy-Vee to mail some packages
9:45 am Mommy and Lila go on a walk
10:30 am Lila gets her diaper changed and eats
11:20 am Mommy puts Lila in her car seat and packs the diaper bag
11:25 am Mommy and Lila drive to visit Granddaddy at work
1:00 pm Diaper change in Granddaddy's office
2:30 pm Mommy and Lila get home, and Lila eats after napping in the car
3:15 pm Mommy tries to pack some more while Lila swings in her swing
4:00 pm Visitors to see Lila...Lila cries the whole time
4:15 pm Lila has a diaper change and eats again
5:00 pm Daddy comes home and gives Lila a bottle while Mommy makes dinner
5:30 pm Mommy and Daddy eat while Lila sits in her bouncy seat...then she cries so Mommy and Daddy trade off holding her
6:15 pm Lila swings in her swing for a few minutes
6:45 pm Lila wants to eat again so Mommy feeds her and changes her diaper
7:15 pm Lila falls asleep while eating, and Mommy holds her while reading the Pioneer Woman blog
8:00 pm Lila wakes up and wants to eat for real this time, so she eats and gets on her jammies and has a diaper change
8:45 pm-9:00 pm Mommy and Daddy make various attempts to put Lila down for bed, including making sure that the Princess's bed is warmed by a heating pad
9:00 pm Mommy goes to bed
2:30 am Lila wakes up and wants to be changed and to eat
3:15 am Lila and Mommy go back to bed
5:30 am Lila wakes up and wants to be changed and to eat
6:15 am Everyone back to bed for a few more hours of sleep


2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have your hands full! Lila is an adorable little princess though : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!! Sounds fun!!! Ms. Pat

    ReplyDelete