Wednesday, July 18, 2012

This Week's Meals

I've been working harder at planning my meals for the entire week on Sunday night and then getting all of my grocery shopping done on Monday.  It's worked out really well the last two weeks, so I thought I would share this week's meal plan with you.

Monday: Baked sweet and sour chicken with fried rice, edamame, and oranges

Tuesday: Whole wheat penne pasta with vodka sauce (Can you believe that we ate sauce with a hint of tomato in it? I know, neither can we!), homemade meatballs, and brussels sprouts*

*A note on brussels sprouts.  We love them cut in half and cooked face down in a little bit of olive oil.  It caramelizes them, and they taste so good.

Wednesday: Tangy brisketbroccoli parmesan fritters, baked potatoes, and peaches

Thursday: Leftover night! We usually eat up our leftovers at lunch, but the brisket makes a lot and so does the meatball recipe.

Friday: Baked chicken taquitos, lime roasted corn (throw frozen corn in a pan with some olive oil and salt, cook until the corn gets some nice brown spots, sprinkle with lime juice), salad

Saturday: Popcorn...we're seeing Batman.

Dessert Night: We've cut our desserts down to one night a week (but that doesn't count the mug brownie we made last night because it was only one and it was in a mug, so that's not really dessert).  Last week I made peanut butter cup ice cream that was definitely the best peanut butter ice cream I have ever had.  If you like peanut butter then you absolutely have to make it.  This week, still on an ice cream kick, I've decided to make red velvet cake ice cream.  This is the first time I've done ice cream with eggs, so we'll see how it goes.

PS. If you are wondering what Lila is doing while I'm writing this that would be singing to herself loudly in her crib while she's supposed to be having nap time.

No comments:

Post a Comment