Friday, July 27, 2012

Have I Got An Idea For You

If you have a friend having a baby, then do I have a suggestion for you.  Of course, right off the bat, I suggest that you give these burp cloths that I made right before Lila was born.  You can make a lot of them in a little bit of time for a little bit of cash, and they are super necessary because babies have amazing super powers of spitting up.

But for just the same small amount of time and small amount of cash, I suggest that you make a nursing cover.  All of you need is a yard of fabric and some boning to make the top part stick out a bit so the mommy can see the baby, or for me, so that I can give Lila the stink eye when she tries to rip off the cover and successfully expose me to the hip dude sitting across from me at the coffee shop, who leaves a few minutes later.  Hey, I didn't say these were completely baby proof.


Here's a great tutorial that I've followed to make these nursing covers.  The tutorial suggests a set of D rings as well, but I prefer the least amount of stuff hanging around my neck as possible, so I just sew a non-adjustable strap.  All in all this takes about thirty minutes and is a very useful item.

4 comments:

  1. Great idea! I LOVED mine so much I couldn't part with it when I was finished nursing Lil. L, so I donated it to the cry room at church, just in case someone there might need one. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! I was chilling in there with another new mom today, and we were both using our covers. Loving it!

      Delete
  2. We love ours! Have already successfully used them all :)

    ReplyDelete