Thursday, October 25, 2012

Finally...Success!

If you have been to my house at all in the last few weeks, you have probably seen at least one batch of failed macarons.  I probably could have done about seven posts on all the different mistakes I've made.  This morning I had to throw a batch out without even cooking them.  I almost decided to never make them again, but then I tried a new recipe, followed it very closely, and...the entire batch worked!



Look at the feet!


Perfect little bottoms!


Of all the recipes I've tried, the Not So Humble Pie one worked the best for me.  I added some cinnamon to the macaron recipe and filled them with pumpkin butter from Trader Joe's.  I'm hoping to make these candy cane ones and some caramel ones as the holidays get closer.


Disclaimer: I know that I am no food photographer, so forgive the attempts.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment